Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What happens when your email "unsubscribe" button doesn't work...

What happens when your email "unsubscribe" button doesn't work? You get marked as spam. I'm looking at you HP.
"6 months and a million dollars"
...a common saying from a fellow co-worker and previous HP employee... well, 6 months and million dollars later HP, your unsubscribe button doesn't work and I'm about to start clicking the mark as spam button.
I have reservations about clicking this button since it's not technically spam-- and I don't want to pollute Google's cache of data of what's considered spam. Really, I need a "I don't want these emails sent to me anymore, figure out how to get rid of them" button.
Alas, that doesn't exist. Instead I have to resort to click on a damn "unsubscribe" button that's squirreled away at the bottom of the email. Then, two weeks later, I get to figure out that HP really doesn't want to forget about me.
I'm like that one girlfriend you wish you'd never dumped, except, for HP, it's really best if we don't see each other again.
(Maybe I'll go in to my filters and kill file them, but that'll result in even more annoyance.)

No comments:

Post a Comment